Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BLINK DETECTED

I had to laugh when I was photographing one of these two portraits and my camera kept saying: "blink detected". Well, at least my camera recognised it as a face!! Those of you living in Eshowe might recognise her...


"If I Close My Eyes, They Can't See My Soul"
Acrylic and Oil on Canvas
500 x 400 mm
SOLD 

When I was photographing the lady for the reference, all I kept getting was closed eyes. When I asked her to open her eyes, I got this:






I decided to paint her as she preferred to be: with closed eyes. Maybe that is to shut the world out? 

The painting was sold on the recent Annual Eshowe Exhibition.

The other portrait is of a lady that lived next to the property where we had a bushcamp, near Pondweni in Maputaland, Northern KZN. She struck me as someone with dignity and a wealth of life experiences. Here she is:


"Kokho" (Grandma)
Acrylic and Oil on Canvas
500 x 400 mm


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover