Thursday, February 24, 2011

BEACH BLUES

Although I wouldn't admit it, and absolutely INSIST that I prefer the bush to the beach, I suspect that I have a secret love affair with the sea, that my heart hasn't informed me about.



I clearly remember a period in my life when, due to circumstances, I wasn't able to go to the beach for a few years, except for once a year for a day - and that while living only about 80 km from a decent beach, or 40km from the sea, as the crow flies. I remember shedding actual tears during this time, longing to just feel the sand between my toes, and the salty water washing around my ankles. (Body surfing would have been even better, of course! )

That situation has now changed, and one can easily become blazé, but currently I'm really looking forward to our next time at the beach.


So here it is:




Beach Blues I
Acrylic on Mountboard, 190x140mm
 

Beach Blues II
Acrylic on Mountboard, 190x140mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover